This page is currently available in two languages:
App Tuckerbox is a homebrew app that allows you to register your device for direct access to information gathered from HP App Catalog, Web and Beta Feeds.
- Access to the official Feeds (palm-catalog, palm-beta, palm-web)
- Install Packages without geo restriction
- Install Packages on all webOS devices (without compatibility restrictions)
- Install your previously purchased Apps on all of your devices
- Show the changelog of App Catalog Apps
App Tuckerbox is released.
Installing App Tuckerbox
App Tuckerbox is available in the webos-internals feed in Preware.
To register a device a highly encrypted message is sent to a secure server containing your email address, your device id number and your profile authorization token. Your profile password and credit card number are not sent to the server. Your information is protected using an industry standard RSA encryption algorithm with a military-grade 4096 bit key.
A secure verification process running on the App Tuckerbox servers temporarily decrypts your stored encrypted info to verify your account status and add the information about your accessible apps to the App Tuckerbox feeds.
Access the Feeds
After a valid registration App Tuckerbox configures the Preware (version 1.9.7 or higher) feeds to access the palm-catalog, palm-beta and palm-web feeds. The feeds are now available within the feed manager. The feeds can be enabled and disabled like all other feeds within Preware.
Apps in Preware
The applications from this feeds can now be installed like other packages in Preware. You have access to all free apps in this feed regardless of country, carrier or device type. You can also install your previously purchased apps on all of your devices (e.g. TouchPad apps on Enyo-capable Phones).
You can configure Preware to show you all available Apps regardless of device compatibility. When you try to install an app that is not designed for your device a disclaimer message is shown, which you have to accept.
- App Tuckerbox does not allow you to purchase apps. Purchasing and billing is only the business of HP. This is not a missing feature, it is intentional.
- Loading the full palm-catalog feed on a Pre- or Pixi- with their limited memory will fail.
No known bugs.
The official App Tuckerbox forum thread is at http://bit.ly/apptuckerbox-forum
- Stable Release.
- Fixed https certificate installation on webOS 1.4.5 devices which was preventing registration.
- First Public Release.