NES and GameBoy Emulators
After some talk in Precentral, some of us agreed that this easier setup should go on the wiki. This method will allow you to play Gameboy and NES roms on the Pre without knowing almost anything of Linux.
- Download this package
- Open the rar and you'll see 2 files: debiansmall.img and deb.sh
- Unrar debiansmall.img to your Pre's USB Drive and deb.sh to your desktop.
- Open WebOS Quick Install and send the deb.sh to /var/home/root/ by selecting "Tools" "Send File"
- Open Nodoze and then Terminal app
- Type chmod 755 ./deb.sh
- Type ./deb.sh in the terminal and press enter
First mount the debian image by going to Terminal app and type ./deb.sh and press enter.
Then, the easier way is to open WebOS Quick Install, select "Tools" "Send File" select your rom and send it to "Destination Folder": /media/cf/
- Everytime you want to play, activate Nodoze and open the terminal app.
- Type ./deb.sh and press enter.
- To play gameboy games type ./gb.sh romname.gbc OR, for playing with no sound, type ./nosnd.sh romname.gbc - Press enter.
- To play NES games type ./nes.sh romname.nes and press enter.
The default keys are:
To quit press the orange key.
For those who are having sound problems, simply type inside the debian chroot:
apt-get install libsdl1.2debian-all
dudestatus, of course, and all the Precentral Forum guys.
Please feel free to get this tutorial better, this is my first wiki page,