Patch Launcher Unhide the DeveloperMode App
This patch will save you the time of not having to type out the code to access the developer mode icon to turn on and off developer mode. After following the steps here you will find the developer mode icon will appear at the bottom of the first page of the launcher.
1. Root your Pre. (Follow the Accessing Linux tutorial for instructions on how to do this.)
2. SSH in. (Follow the Optware Package Feed tutorial to install and enable SSH on your phone.)
3. Type in sequence: <source lang="bash"> sudo mount -o remount,rw / sudo vi /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json </source>
4. Change the line that says (press 'i' in vi to insert/edit text)
5. Press ESC to exit insert mode, and save and quit vi by typing ':x' (without quotes).
Remount the file system as readonly: <source lang="bash"> sudo mount -o remount,ro / </source>
6. Restart your Pre.
This patch appear in the webos-internals gitorious repository Applying Patches but the patch application will not work with 1.1. However following the editing steps above does work.