From WebOS Internals
Put all information about Update 1.0.4 here, including changes made, current development ideas, etc.
- Installing apps through links to .ipk files in the stock Email app
- You'll have to redo changes to /etc/palm/luna.conf such as adding :/media/internal/applications to the Application path.
- The changes to the cron startup script (/etc/event.d/crond) are lost, so cron does not start (Necessary for the Wallpaper-Switching app). You'll have to setup crond again to get the it to function again. (leave stock crond as is and create a copy called mod-crond or whatever you want and enable THAT ONE)
- I had to do a reboot to be able to SSH in again, almost like it had stopped the Dropbear service.
- /etc/profile was overwritten with a new default profile. Any changes are lost on upgrade. //(Can someone validate this?)//
- (You have to assume /etc/profile will be overwritten - that's why our instructions teach how to use /etc/profile.d/...)
Here are all the .ipk files in the 1.04 update
root@castle:/var/lib/update# ls -1 base-files.ipk browser-adapter.ipk com.motionapps.rom.classic.ipk com.motionapps.service.classic.ipk com.palm.app.findapps.ipk com.palm.app.firstuse.ipk com.palm.app.updates.ipk libltdl.ipk luna-sysmgr.ipk palmbuildinfo.ipk palmcustomizationinfo.ipk sweatshop-sprint-castle.ipk telephonyinterfacelayer1cdma.ipk upstart-initscripts.ipk