NOTE: As of 2009/9/17 Directfb 1.2, SDL 1.2 and FCEUX 2.1.1 have ipks that can be installed using Preware! PuffTheMagic 16:09, 17 September 2009 (UTC)
Nintendo emulation is now possible without having to run "Classic" for WebOS. Simply compile FCEUltra from within a Debian chroot.
1. Type the following in a Debian chroot, as root:
apt-get install bzip2 gcc g++ scons libsdl1.2-dev libsdl1.2debian-esd liblua5.1-dev zlib1g-dev zenity
2. Extract the bz2 using bunzip2, then extract the tar by typing the following:
bunzip2 fceux-2.1.0a.src.tar.bz2 tar xvf fceux-2.1.0a.src.tar
3. Switch to the source path:
4. Compile the program from source by typing the following:
When done compiling, the program is copied to /usr/local/bin. When you first load the application, a configuration directory is created in your $HOME path. Modify this file as needed. Using the instructions here, install and configure directfb.
Add autoflip-window to the directfbrc file, so it looks like the following:
mode=320x480 scaled=320x480 primary-layer=00 pixelformat=ARGB no-vt no-cursor bg-color=00000000 hardware autoflip-window
6. Run the following command:
7. Run the following command to configure the key mappings:
fceux --inputcfg gamepad /usr/games/<insert favorite nes.rom>
8. Outside the Debian chroot, type the following command to shutdown the LunaSysMgr:
/sbin/initctl stop LunaSysMgr #NOTE: THIS WILL KILL THE WEBOS GUI.
9. Play your favorite games by typing the following command:
fceux --sound 0 --bpp 8 /usr/games/<insert favorite nes.rom>
10. When finished playing, you can re-enable the LunaSysMgr by typing the following outside the Debian chroot:
/sbin/initctl start LunaSysMgr