Backup your contacts to Gmail
From WebOS Internals
This page is currently available in three languages:
- Backup your contacts to Gmail
- Exporter et sauvegarder vos contacts dans webOS
- WebOS Kontakte exportieren
To create a .vcf (VCard or "Virtual Business Card") file of all your contacts that can then be imported into an Address Books/Contact Lists across a wide range of applications and devices (including any webOS device) just follow the following steps:
- Open the Phone App: For CDMA phones, dial ##66623#. For GSM phones, dial #*66623# and press Call Button
- Tap the green "CelleBrite Export" button
- After "Step 1: Export File..." is complete, follow directions for "Step 2: Connect USB cable" and connect your phone to a computer via a USB cable
- Access the USB drive by tapping on USB drive notification
- Make sure that you set the option on the computer's File Manager to "Show hidden files and folders" and then open up the ".temp" folder on your phone
- A file called "PmMigration.vcf" will be inside the ".temp" folder. Just copy this file off your phone and on to your computer.
- Properly eject your phone from USB Mode
- You can either just backup this file for later, or use it to import your contact list into a program or site that accepts .vcf files (e.g. Gmail).
Note that this will save ALL your contacts, not just those in your Palm Profile (to Merge Duplicate contacts in Gmail, go to Contacts > More, Find & Merge Duplicate Contacts).