These kernels are INTENDED FOR ALPHA TESTING ONLY. If you are looking for information on alternate stable kernels, Application:UberKernel
PsychoKernel is the name of a series of experimental kernels, currently including F4, F102B, F104A, F105, AV8B, F14, F15C, and SR71. Yes, they are all Cold War era warbirds.
This experimental series of kernels is where new features are alpha tested before being incorporated into the mainstream stable Application:UberKernel release.
There is a continuous cycle of adding new features to PsychoKernels, then moving them to alpha testing versions of UberKernel, and then finally moving them to the public releases of UberKernel.
You should read the Application:UberKernel documentation first, as most of the features for the PsychoKernel series and UberKernel are identical.
All of these kernels are available from Preware, and you must use Preware to install or uninstall them. For the experimental alpha testing kernels, you will also need to manually add the alpha testing kernel feed to Preware to access them. If you cannot use your search skills to find the URL for that feed, then you probably wont make a good alpha tester ...
A1 Skyraider: A1
* V(R), SIO * NFS, CIFS, ATA o/ Ethernet, iSCSI * Screenstate
A4 Skyhawk: A4
* SIO * Screenstate
F4 Phantom: F4
Overclocking,full-time dual core, extended IO options. 1.8GHz
* BFQ, V(R), SIO * Selectable full-time dual core (on by default) * NFS, CIFS, ATA o/ Ethernet, iSCSI, EXT4 * JHash3
F15 Eagle: F15
BFS, CFS tweaks.
F15C: CFS scheduler
* Selectable full-time dual core * L2 overclocking * Automatic group process backport * BFQ & SIO IO scheduler * Numerous patches for overall smoother performance
AV8B Harrier II: AV8B
Dynamic voltage scaling kernel. 1.005GHz. Testing vdemand gov.
* Westwood TCP Congestion algorithm. * Initial Compcache 0.5.4 built in and activated. * CPU temp patches added * SIO IO scheduler * Only with vdemand governor. No Freq Scaling.
F102A Delta Dagger: F102/F104
A lean and fast kernel with no frills. 800MHz. Currently serving active duty in the Stable Feed.
* Westwood TCP Congestion algorithm. * Initial Compcache 0.5.4 built in and activated. * CPU temp patches added * Only with Screenstate-V2 governor w/ voltage scaling.
F104A Starfighter: F102/F104
A fast kernel with everything stable thrown in. 1.1GHz. Closest you'll get to UberKernel.
* Initial Compcache 0.5.4 built in and activated. * CPU temp patches added * All CPU governors * Alot of TCP congestion options
F105 Thunderchief: SR71/F105
A painfully fast kernel with no frills. Bleeding edge testbed for new features of everything.
* 1.005GHz * New Screenstate code * Westwood TCP Congestion algorithm. * Initial Compcache 0.5.4 built in and activated. * CPU temp patches added * 200MHz VDD2
SR71 Blackbird: SR71/F105
Why would you want to go that fast? This is just showing off!
* 1.2GHz * Screenstate-V2 with temp monitoring * Westwood TCP Congestion algorithm. * CPU temp patches added
F14 Tomcat: F14
* 1.4GHz * Screenstate-V1 * Standard feature set.