WebOS Internals:Policies and guidelines
From WebOS Internals
This page lists the established policies and recommended guidelines for use of WebOS Internals. It is modeled after Wikipedia:Policies and guidelines. If you are wondering about something not covered here, Wikipedia's policies and guidelines are probably good to follow.
Please do not add information that has not been confirmed. This is meant to be a collection of facts, and our site is growing quickly, so organization may sometimes be lacking.
- Information about the file system and hidden files
- Gaining access to the Linux operating system
- Modifying and enhancing the Linux
- Firewall info
- Native applications
- Modifying system settings
- Accessing third-party services
- Asking basic questions that could be answered by searching Google and/or the Pre forums
- Anything related to ringtones ;)
- Anything blatantly illegal in the United States. No copyrighted material! Fair Use and DMCA exemptions are at the moderators' discretion, which will not be lenient.
- Palm copyrighted code may not be posted here nor in the IRC channel. You have been warned, and from this and all points may be kicked and/or banned.
If you add information which you did not discover yourself, please try to give credit to the original researcher.
Convention / etiquette
- Pages should not be created prematurely, but sometimes are, without all the facts regarding possibly breaking something, so please keep this in mind. Please try not to create a page that is misleading to users. Thoroughly test your modifications, or put up a disclaimer!
- Updates to the pages on this site come in continuously, when their authors find the time. Bear this in mind. Methods for tweaking are subject to change!
- Please do not create orphaned pages. At minimum, link to new pages through one of the portal pages.
- Basic guidelines and rules of the internet and IRC do apply in these respective zones.